Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Monday, March 02, 2009

Its always something.....Nash's Natter

I am finding that Nash is really tired of mom. Not all the time, but most of the time. Like when I chaparoned his class to the Children's Museum last week; I had four in my group including my independent boy. He wanted to be as far away from me as possible, practically walked 15 paces behind me at all times. He of course was thrilled to do this with the rest of the pack tagging along at the same pace, but I could not be too close, uh uh. Not allowed.

Then there is the weekend review of homework; touchmath and reading mostly. We reviewed his spelling words which he already could read (doing contractions now)and could tell me that "don't" is both don't and do not. Then we did a sheet of touch math where he is doing "doubles" by himself now, and doing a whole sheet of problems without me interfering, which is good for his independent little self. I asked him to go read four books, then come back to finish the touch math. He read the books, but would not return to the table. (he has a reading area with baskets of books). I finally bribed him got him to come back to the table, and when I placed a few more touch math worksheets in front of him, he stood up, looked at me, and said I HAVE HAD IT UP TO HERE, complete with hand motion over the top of his head.

uh, okay. Our communication was quite clear on that one.

3 comments:

AZ Chapman said...

hmm never heard of touch math But I have heard that expression before and thought that had to be cute. As far as the measum goes i would have done a simimlar thing. Could it be teenage hood is comeing early for nash

JBaker said...

Ha! That sounds like something my Hannah might say! Right now she just says "you stay here!" She is also working on touch math this year, and I have been trying to get her to count by twos on the double circles (6 though 9)since she is practicing counting by twos, and by ones on the solid circle. It's a slow go, but I am encouraged by your comments!

All 4 My Gals said...

How could he ever get tired of YOU? SMOOCH