Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Nash's Natter

Last night BigDawg had a DADS meeting, so I had single parent duty. I let Seger out and of course he is in full SPRING mode and runs around the neighborhood since it was 72 degrees. Nash was upstairs in my bedroom watching a movie while I changed clothes after work, and I saw Seger take off after a neighborhood walker….so I told Nash I was going to go get Seger and would be right back, to stay in my bedroom.

I get home after chasing Seger around (he had to see every dog, even the 200 lb great dane that is being rescued by a neighbor and isn't too friendly) so it took me about 15 minutes to get back home. I get home and Nash is on the phone, I hear, "ok, yeah, I will tell her, bye." I ask who was on the phone and he says "Daddy".

I look at my cell phone and I have EIGHT missed calls! All from Big Dawg.

I call him back and was told Nash told him:

Mommy isn't here
She went to find Seger in the neighborhood
Seger chased Charlie's dogs
Seger got hit by a car, he's in big trouble
Mommy is mad
You better come home.


I think he met his "3-4 word speech utterance" goal. ahem.

When he wants daddy home, he knows how to do it.

6 comments:

Beth said...

That is hilarious!

I wanted to let you know I just gave you a blog award!

Kari said...

LOL what a little stinker. I love reading about Nash!

Miss Magic said...

Oh my...he certainly knows how to push buttons :-). Thank goodness Seger didn't meet the fate Nash spoke of...ouch!

Unknown said...

lol....what a smart cookie...he knew what would get Daddy home [tell him Seger needs him]

Love that boy of yours.

All 4 My Gals said...

THAT is funny!

Tasty said...

Smart ANd cute AND funny. Couldn't ask for anything more!! :-)