Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Wow, what a way to start the morning

I spoke to George Will! This is the latest article I loved by him

A great gal, Kelly, who babysat Nash a few times and also has a sister with Ds is now doing an internship in political journalism in DC this summer. You can find her experience by blogging HERE.

I contacted Madeleine Will whom I have met via NDSS policy matters, to see if I could get Madeleine's ex husband George to have a few minutes of career path discussion with Kelly while she is out there. Madeleine was kind enough to give me George's secretary's phone number. So I called expecting to hear Sarah's voice, and heard instead a deep "Hello". I quickly asked if this was Mr. Will, "yes", and went into my schpeel. He ended up asking for Kelly's number and voila! I even thought to thank him for his endorsement of our GIFTS book. I hope they connect!

So Kelly, answer your cell phone if the caller id says 202!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fabulous! I'm jealous.

Unknown said...

That is wonderful......I too love George Will!!!

All 4 My Gals said...

That is incredible! :)

Tammy and Parker said...

Yea! You! How exciting!

Sending you GIANT Parky hugs and smooches!

Dori (Aviva's mommy) said...

How cool...I like George Will...

FBF Rothkopf said...

Wow! That is WAY cool!

Francine