Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Friday, September 14, 2007

Bitter Sweet

Today was BigDawg's last day at Janus. They had a company event at work, and after hours a group headed to Cheeseburger in Paradise. I was able to leave work early and head home to attend with him, and Nash. While at home BigDawg shared his cards and going away gifts, and I think Seger got more gifts than his daddy! (Seger went to work every day with him and we aren't sure how the changes will be for him the most!) But what was so amazing were the cards and what was written inside. An excerpt:

Outside of card: You Dream Big, You Work Hard, You Win the Respect of your co-workers.

Inside: and then you move on. (If it weren't for that last thing, you'd be nearly perfect) and what was written:

Jeff, I want to thank you for all you have done for Janus and for me personally. IF I told youface to face, you know me, I would strt to cry. You have brought new life to a place that was dying. You lit a flame that I hope wil stay burning iwth you gone. We needed you! And though you say we will survive, your leaving is a hard knock for many of us that love this place. You are leaving a hole that we are afraid can't be filled. I personally want to thank you for all you have taught me and for pushing me. I believe I have learned more in the two yers you were here than I did in the past 18 years. Thank you.......


Sometimes seeing my husband in other peoples eyes opens mine even further. I love you honey. I am so, so proud of you.

3 comments:

Kei said...

Wow, that is bittersweet. What wonderful sentiments for a wonderful man. You must so proud of him.
Hugs, Kei

Laura said...

Awwwww, you give that big ole dawg a big ole hug from us! Best of luck in his new job!

Pam said...

Amazing.....I can see why you are so proud. Wishing him luck in his new job!!