Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Nash was asked to read for the principal....

at his elementary this week, and so we practiced tonight...he read "What Am I". First grade...here we come!


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

14 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! I am SO impressed! He is reading as well as my daughter who does not have T21 and is finishing first grade. His speech is fabulous! Nash is definitely my role model and a great role model for Joe.

-Amy
http://emmajoseph.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

That was fantastic. WTG, Nash! And the way he tossed the book at the end of the video, you can just tell that he was proud of himself...kind of like he was saying, "Yep, I did it!"

Anonymous said...

Great reading Nash, I'm sure the principal will be pleased to hear and see you. Your enthusiasm and pleasure in the book are evident. Keep up the prractice!

Amy said...

Hi. Thanks for posting on our blog. We go to the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe, VT. My father gave a week time share to my mom about 20 years ago, and we go every year for the week of mother's day.

It is a beautiful spot with lots of outdoor activities for kids.

I've been watching Nash grow for a couple of years, he is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Awesome job Nash, way to go! We are so proud of you!

Kacey Bode said...

That was great reading!!! He is definetly an inspiration for us!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job today, Nash. I am very proud of you!

~Mrs. Minnich

Kari said...

WOW I am speechless!! Nash you knock my socks off!! Such an inspiration!

Jan Steck Huffman said...

We are proud of our boy, and thank you all for viewing....and I want to do a shout out to Melissa (Nash's Early Intervention Physical Therapist) and Mrs. Minnich especially (Nash's current Kindergarten teacher) for your guidance and comments. Mrs. Minnich is the bomb!

Beth said...

This is awesome, Nash! WTG!

By the way, Jan...you and Julie send us some dates that would work for you and we'll trek on down there to visit! Sounds great!

Sara said...

YAH Nash!!!! That is fantastic reading!!!!!
Jan, I see the out of the box reading program on your blog, did you use that with Nash ? We are in the middle of it with Nathaniel and his words are coming but not clear ( could be the trach issue that is hampering it ) How did you like the program?

The Mom said...

Whoo hooooooooo WTG Nash!!! I love hearing him read, Jan! He is doing soooo well!!!

Belovedlife said...

WOW! Nash did such a fantastic job! I am so impressed. YOU my dear, must be so proud...al the hard work is paying off.
PS I think our Hubbys are planning a little get together on their own...something about the BRIckyard 400...I smell trouble ;)

Tammy and Parker said...

Lovin' It!