Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Friday, May 25, 2007

Nash was chosen as one of five kids from the whole school to read today....

at the 9 week convocation celebrating the end of the year, and those that had reading skills with the most gains from the beginning of the year. While we are still working on our First Grade IEP, as we have issues with LRE percentages and categorization- 51 or 50, I know we have the support of the principal and staff and will get there.... but I digress. This post is about today, and Nash. Reading. To. The. School.

We are so, so proud. He didn't read "What Am I" like the video here; he was quiet (hmmmm where did THAT come from?) and you couldn't hear him well, but he read his book, got great applause from the wonderful kids at his elementary, and we are so, so proud...

did I already say how proud we are of our Nashtaters?

Once I can figure out how to edit a 45 minute video of the entire program (we gave away 4 bikes for reading too!) I will post it....

I just have to say, again, how proud we are of our boy! And thank you again Mr. Harvey - our principal - for your philosophy of acknowledging and praising diversity in all children. And a shout out to Mrs. Minnich and Mrs. Tappy...the wonder team. I so hope we can continue the gains in First grade...

5 comments:

Sara said...

Oh Nash that is wonderful!!!!!!!!! Wow I would have been beaming too!!!

Dori (Aviva's mommy) said...

WOW that is awesome....what a great accomplishment on all fronts. I am so glad he did how nervous he must have been. Takes a lot of courage!! Give him a big high five from Aviva and me!! Shows you how important inclusion is..he is an example!

Kacey Bode said...

That is awesome!! Way to go Nash!

All 4 My Gals said...

I guess I'm going to have to drive up there to see the whole 45 minutes. The video below is awesome but I want the real thing too! I bet you were more nervous than he was. :)

Anonymous said...

Nash, I am so proud of you!! You are an amazing reader. Well done!!