Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Monday, August 28, 2006

Kindergarten Update

Wow. That's all I can say. I have been blown away by Nash's wonderful reports from both Kindergarten classes. (He goes to public school in the morning, then Goddard K in the afternoon.)

It was a rough start though as Nash got the stomach flu (we will be dealing with 40 immune systems this year- about 20 kids in each K class, all different kids)the Saturday after school started, and was sick until he returned to school on that next Thursday. Then Dad and Mom got the flu too. Honestly, I will NEVER take my health for granted again. That was some awful bug!

So while he's officially only had 4 full days, we will take 'em! We've heard he knows most all the kids by name (I still want to make my annual picture book with all the kids pictures and names though), listens, follows directions, and hasn't had behavior issues!

He is learning to count by 2's, learning popcorn sight words, and counted to 20 with me not skipping a beat when we made potroast with 20 small carrots. That's our boy!

The best part? He's like his momma; he LOVES SCHOOL! He also loves taking the bus, which is the highlight of his day I think.

All in all, life is good.

5 comments:

The Mom said...

Whoooo hoooooo - WTG Nash!!! Sooo happy to hear how great you're doing, and that you are LOVIN' it!

Sorry about the flu - ughhhhh - I hate that!

Can't wait to hear more about your kindergarten adventures!!!

Beth said...

That's great news!

Happy to hear school is going well for Nash!

Anonymous said...

Oh Nash, we're sooo proud of you! I'm thrilled to hear that you're enjoying school.
- Annette

Unknown said...

What a wonderful update....way to go, Sir Nash,,,you wow them and wow them and then wow them some more!

So sorry about the bug.....isn't it amazing how it takes something like the flu to make you realize the gift of good health!

I am hoping all the bugs stay away this school year [I know, I know, but I can wish can't I?]

Kari said...

That is awsome. I am so happy to read this. Sounds like Nash is doing so well. I hear you on the Immune system thing. Tristan will be in 2 seperate preschools I am so dreading the flu season. My daughter Chanelles favorite highlight is also taking the schoool bus.