Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Thursday, August 03, 2006

A funny thing happens on the way to a MOVE...

Ok, we hired a mover, but "we" are packing ourselves. I took the week off work to pack. Poor Nashtaters went to camp while momma was at home, and I feel SO bad about that. I never, ever, thought I would be the kind of mom that would put her child in daycare, much less when I was at home!

Ok, back to the other stress issue; moving. Guess what, haven't heard from nearly a (local) family member all week! Even my mom bailed! She lives 10 minutes away and doesn't work. But hey, there are cocktails flowing with my sister tonight about 2 miles away........don't blame them- well maybe a little....

It comes with the territory; moving creates stess and distances friends and family. May we reconvene in the new hot tub/deck/bar area in the new house soon

6 comments:

The Mom said...

Packing and cleaning is about as fun as having a root canal (but I'm sure I don't have to tell you!) Hope you get to treat YOURSELF to some cocktails soon! Enjoy your new place - it sounds heavenly!!!

Unknown said...

Can I come too....and if I were close enough, I'd help you pack [I would, I really would!]

So that hot-tub/bar/deck sounds absolutely delightful!!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't I know it !! Cleaning up the dregs are worse than the packing . Ugh!! Sorry your Mother let you down.

Jan Steck Huffman said...

thanks mom...you did good cleaning up the "dregs"!

Jan Steck Huffman said...

oh, and mom, you can leave a comment anytime- I didn't know you knew how to leave a comment!

All 4 My Gals said...

Oh Jan, I wish we were near to help!