Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Thursday, August 03, 2006

A funny thing happens on the way to a MOVE...

Ok, we hired a mover, but "we" are packing ourselves. I took the week off work to pack. Poor Nashtaters went to camp while momma was at home, and I feel SO bad about that. I never, ever, thought I would be the kind of mom that would put her child in daycare, much less when I was at home!

Ok, back to the other stress issue; moving. Guess what, haven't heard from nearly a (local) family member all week! Even my mom bailed! She lives 10 minutes away and doesn't work. But hey, there are cocktails flowing with my sister tonight about 2 miles away........don't blame them- well maybe a little....

It comes with the territory; moving creates stess and distances friends and family. May we reconvene in the new hot tub/deck/bar area in the new house soon

7 comments:

mum2brady said...

Packing and cleaning is about as fun as having a root canal (but I'm sure I don't have to tell you!) Hope you get to treat YOURSELF to some cocktails soon! Enjoy your new place - it sounds heavenly!!!

Tammy and Parker said...

The actual moving part is the pits. But the 'we moved' part with the new house and neighborhood will make it all worth while.

And that cocktail idea sounds really good right now! lol!

Tara Marie said...

Can I come too....and if I were close enough, I'd help you pack [I would, I really would!]

So that hot-tub/bar/deck sounds absolutely delightful!!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't I know it !! Cleaning up the dregs are worse than the packing . Ugh!! Sorry your Mother let you down.

Mauzy said...

thanks mom...you did good cleaning up the "dregs"!

Mauzy said...

oh, and mom, you can leave a comment anytime- I didn't know you knew how to leave a comment!

Nicole said...

Oh Jan, I wish we were near to help!