Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Sunday, December 09, 2007

I've been Tagged for a Christmas Meme!


Brady's Mom tagged me on this Christmas Meme


What is your favorite thing about the Holiday Season?

I always LOVE decorating; bringing out the family antique sleigh, picking that certain fraiser fir to fit perfectly in the sleigh, and doing a "Martha" wrapping job. BUT while I still love that, I now bask in Christmas a la Nash. Seeing his eyes light up when he sees Santa, watching the amazement like tonight at the Live Nativity at our church where camels walk down the church aisle, and teaching him about the birth of Christ. This is where our Christmas will take a new path as I know now he can grasp the real story of Christmas.

What is your favorite Holiday Memory?

My Dad was a clothier so he spent many hours away from the house during the Holiday season. So it was the best when he was in a good mood, relaxed and enjoying Christmas...he would sit at the "conversation table" and let us bring him the goodies. Always remarking about each one, and when it was a "good one" he would say "WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWeeeeeeeeel Pat, you've outdone yourself!" (my mom is Pat)

My mom gave me many decorating ideas, and I always loved the garland in the entryway of our home......wonder where it went???


What is the best gift you ever gave?

I don't have a big "aha" moment here...maybe the photo calendars and books? They take so much time and I have to pick just the "right" photos and captions. Needless to say I didn't do any this year!

What is the best gift you ever received?


In my life? Nash. For Christmas? I remember we always got 100.00 on the Christmas tree for each of the three of us. When we stopped getting that I knew that my Dad's business was going under. He always had those 100 bills in an envelope with our name on each one. I remember thinking that 100. was like one million, and when you are under 18 it is!

What is your secret Holiday Wish for this year?

I wish that I could figure out how to work from home or just not need to work money wise. I am never home before 6 or later, don't help with homework and our house is never in order. I feel I am missing out on everything with Nash and letting Jeff down too. Of course Seger is pouting too as he hasn't been brushed in two weeks. Is there a Get Your Shit Together gift Santa can leave?

Ok, now I am tagging a few for the Christmas Meme....
LauraQ
Nicole
and
Kei


What is your favorite thing about the Holiday Season?

What is your favorite thing about the Holiday Season?

What is your favorite Holiday Memory?

What is the best gift you ever gave?

What is the best gift you ever received?

What is your secret Holiday Wish for this year?

6 comments:

AZ Chapman said...

Ih ope y get your secret wish/ sorry I'm no help living in Ca for the job.

The Mom said...

Jan - thanks so much for doing this :) And - okay - I will answer my own questions - I just love reading everyone elses - I'm such a boring person LOLOL

I love your pics and your Christmas memories - thanks for sharing!

Wish I had a job for you - I'm in the market for one myself - if you find something that some with a psych degree and no job experience for the last 18 years can do that makes a good income - let me know LOLOL

Sending lots of hugs and holiday wishes your way!!!

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

I love hearing the stories of your Christmas' as a child - it's so wonderful that you are carrying over some of that too.

I hear you on the working from home thing too. That is one of my biggest struggles also!

Kei said...

ah... this one I can have fun with.

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

I tried to email you, I am thinking it didn't get to you. Send me an email so we can get together sometime!
micah@giftsofgabisgrace.org

Tammy and Parker said...

I need one of those kind of work at home jobs too. I used to have a wonderful soap making business where I made soap from my home and sold it over the internet. It was sooo wonderful to be able to work at home. But it came down to a point of either renting commercial space to meet all of orders or giving up the business......and well, working from commercial space just isn't quite the same as working from home.

Would ya let Nash know that there is a special package on it's way to him. Well, it will be as soon as I can get someone to mail it out, lol! And he needs to open it BEFORE Christmas.

*Hugs* Sweet friend.