Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Friday, July 27, 2007

Need a Blog Makeover?

Rebecca. from Just A Little Bit Of Something Extra Creations, who did a big Blog Makeover on my blog, is offering a special- just $35 (typically prices are $40-150) until Aug 1st! Go here for her work and order yours!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hello! Off topic, but just wanted to say that your son is adorable! After my daughter was born 6 weeks ago and was diagnosed with t21, I recieved a copy of Gifts. As I was going through some hard emotions, it REALLY helped to read that book, it felt like all the contributors were going through it with me, only they had overcome. I especially loved seeing the picture of your son, I can tell he is really special. It was like he was looking at me saying, don't worry, it will be OK! Cute little guy.

Jan Steck Huffman said...

Hi Emily! I have visited your blog and Macy (and Andrew and Evan) are the most adorable, squeezable kids! Your comment about GIFTS just gives me goosebumps as this is exactly what we wanted others to feel when we collaborated on the project. But without our editor, I would have never gotten the chapter out...Kathryn is the best.

and guess what....its not hogwash....really....don't worry! I gotta go. Nash has another birthday party to attend tomorrow, and the birthday gift isn't wrapped!

Anonymous said...

Emily your daughter is beautiful. I am the mother of a three year old girl with a little bit of something extra by way of that triplicate chromosome. I am also a contributor in Gifts my story is "Belonging".

Kathryn, our editor, is a dear friend of mine, and I can't even begin to tell you how many hours went into the creation of the book. All of them worth every minute.

Mauzy is wonderful. Nash is amazing. 3 years ago I was in the same position, reading another blog, a dear friend of Jan's, Emma Sage. Now, if you want some girl inspiration...check out Emma Sage as well.

Looking at the normalcy of her lives of others is exactly how I got through those first few months.

Congrats on your beautiful baby girl. She' perfect!