Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Gush....my husband likes me....he really LIKES me!

Blogger Reflection Award: This award should make an individual reflect upon five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and who have provided a Godly example. In other words, five dear bloggers whom, when you reflect upon them, you are filled with a sense of pride and joy...of knowing them and being blessed by them.

Jeff, over at BIG DAWG TALES is the husband we all dream of; he's street smart, concientious, attentive (well he pretends well) and provides well for our family. He is also the best DAD in the world to our son. Now he honors me with a blogger award. sniff sniff. Ok, maybe he felt he had to do it or he wouldn't get any. But its the thought, right?

In awarding me one of his Blogger Reflection Awards, here is what he had to say:
My third award winner is Jan from "Mauzy's Musings". Ok now this is probably cheating since she is my wife but I think her blog is really awesome and I know how much time, effort and thought she puts into it. I also think the pictures of a certain young man named Nash are way too cool.
I think this is his way of saying I spend too much time of the computer.

Anywho, thank you honey! Now, knowing me, I went and did some research (no!) and found the originator of this award is a 16 year old girl. GO HERE to meet her. She wants us to remember this when we award her special Blogger Reflection Award:

This award is for the best-of-the-best so consider who you pick, carefully. This award should not be given to just anyone. If you're going to do the award don't just write a few words and slap it on your blog. Write real thoughts about these bloggers and what they've been to you, and if the bloggers you pick have already been given the award, don't be afraid to give to them again. They deserve it as many times as it's given.

So I had to really think, as while I don't go to hundreds of blogs, some really impact me:

1. Tammy at Praying for Parker- Tammy, oh Tammy. If anyone is an inspiration it is she. She has an adorable child, Parker, with extremely high medical bills. She is middle class, insured, and going broke because of these expenses. This is the family that slips through the cracks in every law passed, non-profit set up, and church offering made in huge amounts. BUT she not only manages to provide love, hugs, kisses to her kids, she also makes us see just how saintly she is by NOT seeing her enter the billing department of her Primary hospital to blow them away. wow. More strength than I.

2. Melody at Slurping Life- She is a new read, and I am awarding her the Blogger Reflection Award because, well, with 3 boys with special needs, she has to be Godly! She writes as her purpose for blogging:

I love my life...really! My "special purpose" sons take me to places daily in my mind and heart that I would have never known existed without them. In sharing photos and a few words from our day to day life, I hope to help you look at your life with humor and with the reality that you do what you can do when you can do it...then you eat chocolate and drink wine.

Ok, that is why I gave her the award, she is a wino too. Plus she is putting on this wonderful love offering for Parker, and that means she is ultra special. Please join in July 23 to July 27, donate, and you too could win.........in more ways than one! We who are friends of Parker are blessed by you Melody!

3. Annette at Bump on the Road- Annette has been a friend, both online and IRL, since our boys were born. Her son Ryan is Nash's age, 6, and they just played together this last weekend. She brings us maple syrup from Canada, and always thinks of others. And now we need to always think of her and keep her in our prayers. She blogged that her diagnosis of cancer is "just a bump on the road of my life" and has always had strong faith. Well, this faith (mine anyway) has been recently shaken as her recent MRI has shown growth in the synovial sarcoma tumor in her lung. She deserves this Reflection Blogger Award twofold; one so we can all reflect back upon her and offer her strength and prayers that she will beat this thing, and, two, so we can reflect upon her statement "It's amazing how God speaks to us and gives us what we need, even when we don't overtly ask for it." and overtly ask for her healing. Go by and give Annette a big ol' hug from Mauzy.

4. Kathryne at Queen Serene- her faith, and unwavering strength in putting together our wonderful GIFTS book. Thank you for plodding me along, so that I could be part of this amazing project. I get emails weekly about our chapter, and knowing I, along with 63 other mothers, help others in their journey encourages me. Thank you

5. And to triple vote her, Nicole at All 4 my Gals- because of her unwavering faith, love for our family, and the fact that she is "Aunt Nicole" to my son. We love her and her family as our own.

Thank you all for providing such inspiration. Following are the rules for you:

1. Copy this post.
2. Reflect on five bloggers and write a least a paragraph about each one.
3. Make sure you link this post so others can read it and the rules.
4. Leave your chosen bloggers a comment and let them know they’ve been given the award.
5. Place the award icon on your site

Have fun, and thank you all who blog and make this world a little __________ ( insert: better, more inspirational, knowledgeable, brighter, funnier, or just more tolerable!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mauzy, it's not easy to do, but you have left me speechless. Honestly, thank you so much for honoring me...speechless, I am. I'm glad we "winos" stick together. :) ;)

A gigantic thank you for blogging about Tammy and Parker and the love offering in the works. It will begin July 23 and run through July 27.

Working on the love offering is fun, but time consuming...you will allow me to take a little longer in responding with my Reflection Awards, won't you?

Wow, a lot of words for a speechless woman.

Now, how adorable is Nash?! He is cute and handsome wrapped into one.

Dori (Aviva's mommy) said...

Big congrats to you!!!

Sara said...

congrats on the award!

Tammy and Parker said...

Thank you for your kind words and for all of the support you have shown Parker and our family.

I'll post on this award when I have a minute to due justice.

Parker has spent two days up at the U of U medical center and PCMC with all kinds of fun doctor appointments.

And the fun continues into next week too. Oy! Dang good thing this kid is so cute, lol!

Anonymous said...

Finally, my acceptance post is up. You, my dear, are a true inspiration. Thank you.

http://slurpinglife.typepad.com/slurping_life/2007/08/repose.html