Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Monday, March 12, 2007

Nash's First Circus visit.....

well with us anyway. He went with his preschool two years ago with Gaga but I didn't get to go. This was the Shriners Circus that we went to a week and a half ago before Nash got the stomach flu.

So PETA arguments aside, he LOVED the tigers! There were 8 of them and we had front row seats- too close for my comfort!

The clowns, especially Stinky, were the hits too. I had to track Stinky down to make sure he was in the photo with Nash; they were very accomodating!

7 comments:

Shelley said...

I am glad he liked it. I am looking forward to Hannah's first visit to the circus - I think she'll love it - one of the reasons I have often joked that she might end up working in one one day - maybe as the lion tamer?

PS If you have time there is a question at the Shamptons that you might be able to answer for me.

Betsy said...

I'm glad Nash had a good time! This isn't really relative to your post, lol, but have you read "Marley and Me" by John Grogan? If you haven't, you HAVE to read it - its the story of a man who finally got a purebred yellow lab after having only rescue dogs in his life.

It is funny and sweet, and sad and a wonderful read - I'm sure you will enjoy it and relate to a lot of it in the world of dog ownership!!!

Jessica said...

I'm so glad Nash had a great time!! I too am looking forward to the first time we get to take Joey to the circus!! I love the picture with the clowns!!

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

I love the picture of Nash with the clowns! I'm glad he had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Wonderul photos. Looks like he had a great time.

Shelley said...

You are a cruel woman! I did enjoy reading about the biff though! Lol

Unknown said...

What fun!