Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Friday, November 10, 2006

We have big news!!

First, our Gifts book has been picked up by Woodbine House Publishing!! Whoo Hoo! So if you haven't ordered one yet, better get one quick as the book is leaving Amazon.com and won't be available again until Summer 2007. Dr. Sears' wife, Martha, is writing our forward. They also have a child with Down syndrome, Stephen.

Second, guess what Nash told me impromtu tonight? "My birthday is February 16". Yep, pronouns, correct date and all! He was tested on his birthday, address, and phone number at our teacher conference last month, and I knew we (or his teacher) hadn't worked on those yet. So I printed out his birthdate yesterday, we repeated it a couple of times, I sent it to school today, and VOILA! So proud of him!

Well better go. I planted over 400 spring bulbs today and my ol' back is feelin' the pain. HOT TUB TIME.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Nash, those are great facts to know.

Unknown said...

Way to go Nash! Here is a link to a fun way to learn address and phone numbers.

http://www.dltk-kids.com/crafts/miscellaneous/maddress.html

and
http://www.dltk-teach.com/mphone.htm

and I hope you had a relaxing time in the hot tub and can't wait to see the gardens next spring!!!

Anonymous said...

WTG Nash! Heck, I can't even remember my birthday or phone number half the time!

Jan Steck Huffman said...

So do you think now he will do the birthday month countdown? Better get the calendars out!

thanks TM, I am using the envelope idea now!