Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Monday, July 27, 2009

As the Summer Ends....

really. Is it almost August? And to think school starts here August 11th? And we will have a third grader?

The past few months have been tutoring for Nash, (reading awesome, math pwtttthh) swimming for Nash, movies and just being eight for Nash, Mom working on some awesome criminal appeals cases and winning for the State (in Zack and Cody style, Yeah Me!) Jeff working on his aquisitions for his company and legislative issues he loves to do (Yeah Him!) Seger getting more hotspots and me hating them, and switching foods from one $52.00 bag to another (Boo)

We are also of course active with DSI, ARC of Indiana, and working on getting postsecondary education programs solidified in Indiana.

So now realizing that this summer is almost hitting August, someone stop all of my communication devices because I want to deplane... please control my Blackberry, facebooking, blog reading (Yep I noticed my personal blogging is nada since I found facebook), twittering (joined but refuse to particiate) and yahoo groups for DSI.

I wanted things to stand still for one minute, one hour, one day, to allow me to enjoy life for a bit. whew. Vacation on Captiva Island for a while allowed that for me/us....loved it. And so enjoyed that Nicole and family joined us...

and now for a recap in photos of the last two months. ahhhhhhhhhhhh
Nash and Mackenzie at the DSI flyin that brought in 11K for DSI. Awesome!

Nash went to Camp Agape and so loves riding...that is our newest sport


Nash and Seger brought in July 4th with a bang! and no fireworks were involved...loved the NYC fireworks on TV for this family

The Johnson family had another birth on their farm and shared it with us


Captiva Island Beach photos.......our home away from home now.

4 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

I love the face painting.

ParkerMama said...

August 11th! That is almost 2 weeks before us!

Participate in Twitter, would ya? I'm not a good Facebooker.

Tara Marie said...

a beautiful summer indeed.

All 4 My Gals said...

Love you! I hear you about blogging. It's impossible to do it all.