Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


I received the BEST mother's day present today! I was getting ready upstairs as we are heading to the track to see qualifications at the Indy 500, and it was just too quiet downstairs (you moms know what I mean).

I went downstairs and Nash is all dressed with clothes he picked out. The shirt matched the shorts, was on correctly, underwear on correctly, shoes on the right feet and......drum roll..........he had BUTTONED the top button of his jean shorts. OMG. Never has he been able to button.

One proud momma who loves her son so much

Happy Mother's day to my momma too! and all you fab moms out there!

11 comments:

All 4 My Gals said...

How very cool! Love you sister! You are one GREAT Mom! SMOOCH and have a great day!

Alice said...

That is fantastic! Patrick 13 still struggles with snaps, buttons, shoes on right feet, clothes inside out and or backwards. What perfect timing!

Becca said...

That's awesome!! Way to go! And happy Mother's Day to you!

AZ Chapman said...

wtg nash

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day to you my dear.......and what a great boy you have there. Did you see the smile on Emma Sage's face as she was listening to Nash's birthday song....priceless!!!!!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

WTG Nash!!! My oldest two STILL can't match their clothes! LOL Happy Mother's Day!

Kristi said...

That is so great! I love those types of gifts the best!

ParkerMama said...

Happy Dancing here with you guys!

And Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Shelley said...

Woo Hoo! Buttons are tricky - I don't think Hannah will EVER be able to do buttons - now I have hope!

ParkerMama said...

How about throwing us a bone and updating this blog? huh? huh?

*smooch*

Gage said...

Hi, My name is Krista. I have been re-reading GIFTS. When I read your story and saw that you were from Indiana I was excited. I live in Brownsburg. I have twin 3 year old boys, one of which has Down syndrome, and a 6 month old. It's great to look at your blog. I will have to check it out more frequently now that I know it exists.