Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Memory Keepers Daughter- The Movie


I so loved the book, I hope the movie stands up to the test! Dermot Mulrooney, heart throb.... Being a LIFETIME movie I hope it isn't all sappy.

"The Memory Keeper's Daughter"
9 p.m. April 12, Lifetime Channel


Read a review HERE

Viewers familiar with the book will note that many of its details are compressed, and a key resolution is different for Norah.

Hmmmm...I wonder what the key resolution is, care to guess with me? I am betting Norah doesn't move.......and becomes involved with her daughter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, this sounds like an awesome book, and maybe a good movie. I gotta get this from the libreary!
Be sure to tell us what you think of the movie, especilly us people whos parents won't buy them cable TV....

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait! I have a love/ hate relationship with Lifetime (I love all their tawdry movies/ I hate it when they try to make real movies) and I am so worried they will ruin this. Mother at 14 - perfect for Lifetime, but The Memory Keeper's Daughter - that is actual literature.

I am pleased with the cast though - that's big bucks for Lifteime. Dermont Mulrooney used to be my boyfriend, but we broke up when he started making crappy movies. Hopefully, this will reunite us again - LOL!