Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Slowly, Slowly said the sloth

ok, its 10 weeks later, and I won't reach goal, but we are moving in the right direction!




I just wish I could get motivated to up the exercise. But the lack of palm trees means we aren't going to Florida for spring break which dampened my enthusiasm a bit. But I will get there. Promise.

4 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

Your goal needs to be fit and healthy. Weight loss is then a side-effect of that. If the goal is just to be thin, it usually involves very unhealthy ways of being.

With warmth,

Kim

Tammy and Parker said...

Are you doing Weight Watchers? I've been on plan for two weeks now.

And....uh.....I have so much more to lose than you do to get my healthy self back. Who knew that three years of sitting on my butt with giant Dr. Peppers could do so much damage.

oy!

Jan Steck Huffman said...

I am doing a modified weight watchers. Basically its called inputting the points when I remember! hee hee

I gained 40 lbs since starting back to work 3.5 years ago- sitting on my butt is right! Another reason to return to stay at home mom status,huh?

Anonymous said...

Keep up the GREAT work. I know it feels like it comes off slowly sometimes (well it does for me anyway), but you keep up the GREAT work. Just look how far you have come!