Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Friday, February 15, 2008

wow that pitocin is some strong stuff!

7 years ago Jeff was by my side after a frantic afternoon of me being at the OB's office, a stress test indicating our son should be induced at 37 weeks due to decelerations and my pre-eclampsia, and we were discussing the realities of having our son being born......... No clue of what really would be in our path, just anxiety on my end....me a mom? Will our baby be ok? Can Jeff and I be good parents?

And Jeff looking at the lovely, comfortable "pull out" in the birthing unit at Naperville IL at Edwards Hospital...a 6'5" guy on a 3' plastic couch. Pictures of him being "catcher" of the baby during the birth process...fun, laughter, no real scares.

Jeff did sleep a bit as I listened to his snoring...and the pitocin didn't work very well, and I was anxiously up and down all night........tick, tick, tick.........

Jefferson Nash Huffman would be born this next day.........but the drama of the event we had no clue at this point........

4 comments:

AZ Chapman said...

Happy b day Nash Jan posted about his b day I hope you don't mind. I can't wait to his pics.

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

AZ said you were having a birthday! I just wanted to drop by and say Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful time!

All 4 My Gals said...

Happy Birthday to my only boy!

I love you buddy!!!!!

Tammy and Parker said...

Happy Birthday Big Guy! The world is a much better place with you in it!