Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Thursday, January 24, 2008

A MeMe....

I was tagged by Nicole for the I love, I hate Meme.... here are mine:

"I love, I hate"

I love

I love MY family; my son and my husband
I love reading a fantastic book and feeling like I lost a good friend when I am finished
I love soaking in our hot tub, and feeling like I am in Hawaii when I am in our own back yard
I love when Jeff swats me on the behind in a caring way as he passes by
I love thunderstorms when we are all safe and sound at home
I love a good chick flick, with or without anyone watching with me
I love knowing Nash is learning each day, in an inclusive environment, with caring teachers and friends
I love my tri21 gals, who support, love and are there for each of us

I hate

I hate the word hate
I hate that Annette left us and her family and while she is at peace with it, I still am not
I hate that my side of the family is so disfunctional
I hate that I have such ambivalance about working vs staying at home
I hate that I never have peace with my body size

and I in turn choose Big Dawg and Kim to respond.

4 comments:

AZ Chapman said...

nice list you have not done mine yet remeber it seven random things come visit.

ps nash y go man y are becomeing quite the young scholer

Tammy and Parker said...

Thanks for stopping by today. I was worried that maybe you didn't love us anymore.

And I would really hate that.

Kim Ayres said...

Sorry, I've been caught up with other memes and posts (and tax returns - bleargh). I might keep this one back for a quiet day :)

Jan Steck Huffman said...

AZ how is school going??

oh the love is still there Parky, don't worry about that one. Thinking of you Friday...and always!

Kim- I know its not your fav thing to do and that's why I chose you and BigDawg hee hee