Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Saturday, October 13, 2007

2007 IDSF Buddy Walk and IRL !- Get It Down 31 for 21: Post 13

Get It Down; 31 for 21




thank you all that traveled so far to see Indiana, the 2007 IDSF Buddy Walk, and each other. Over 2000 attended the Buddy Walk and raised at least 100K.

It truly was amazing seeing all the families that met via the internet, and gather for the Buddy Walk and tri21 IRL.

A few pics.











and how fantastic is this..Nash's Principal of his elementary came and walked!

The Dash with Nash team




Daddy and son...


the group at our house after the walk, with a cookout, hayride, exotic animal feed and fun!




6 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm soooooo jealous!

Kei said...

Thank you again Jan, for giving me the nudge to come! Between you and Robert, I just had to be there! I still have to download all the pictures from both cameras and upload them to my flickr and update my blog, but I have enjoyed spending my morning looking through everyone's posts & pics. We had such a wonderful time, and I cannot wait to see you again!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous too!! It looks like you guys had a blast!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Love the pics! Maybe next year if you guys do it again!

Beth said...

Jan,
Thanks again for a wonderful time!
Sorry we couldn't stay longer but we were lucky to get away with all four children as it was---that Simon is a sneaky one!

The Mom said...

Loved all the pics Jan! I wish we could have been there - I would have loved to meet you all in real life!

Thanks for giving us a glimpse of your wonderful weekend!