Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Friday, September 21, 2007

It was such a sad day...week

This week a woman lost her husband and her son. Her husband shot and killed their son, and then killed himself. The grief is overwhelming as you can imagine, and my best friend from high school lost her brother, and nephew. Too many losses with no real answers. Pain that is overwhelming.

I went to the double funeral and hugged my friend who lost her last brother as well as her nephew, hugged my friends mom who lost yet another son (she lost her oldest to cancer three years ago) and now her grandson, and it was overwhelming.

I hugged my husband and son a bit closer today.

3 comments:

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

So sorry! It sounds heartbreaking!

Karen said...

I'm so sorry. Tragedy always makes us appreciate our own loved ones a little more.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god that is awful. Positively heartbreaking and so, so tragic. I am so, so sorry.

I'll be hugging a little tighter today too...