Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Kindergarden Confidence

Robin, mom to Chloe posted this on our T21online board. I love this, as it captures the essence of sending your child to Kindergarten for ALL moms.

I left Chloe in the lunch room this morning with her aide. I had to keep my sunglasses on to hide my tears as I said good-bye. I watched from the parking lot as she walked to class. I felt like I was leaving my heart behind.

Three and a half hours later, I was at the classroom door, waiting for my baby to come out. When the door opened, my baby wasn't there. Instead, I saw an adorable little girl, with a spring in her step, her head held high, full of confidence and pride and grinning from ear to ear. It was my Chloe, growing up before my eyes. She went hunting for her backpack and acted like she'd been in kindergarten her whole life. I don't know if the teacher and aide had a good day, but I know that Chloe had a GREAT day!

What a difference a day makes. It was a memory that I will cherish forever.

1 comments:

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Somehow I missed that post, but it certainly was beautiful!