Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Sunday, June 03, 2007

There is Fun in Store for the Neighborhood this Summer!



Looky Looky what we bought today!
Nash was so excited when we went to buy it at Costco today, and we ran into a friend of his with Tri21 there too, whos mom said her son loved it, and was able to climb up the ladder....so it was a done deal. Nash screamed with delight, and the kids next door checked it out late this afternoon when we got it. So yes, it will be a fun summer! I am thinking.....there is a 100 lb limit per "child" so if I starve myself maybe I could slide down in............August 2008??

11 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! What a cool slide. My kids are green with jealousy.

Anonymous said...

That is too cool!! I'm green with jealousy but then again I'm quite a few pounds too heavy for it!

Lisa said...

Jamie is sitting on my lap right now and immediately says I wanna do that....please, please, please ;)

Yep, looks like you succeeded in buying something good for the "fun" house in the neighborhood.

Shelley said...

That looks like SO much fun! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

I love it.....we just got one too....but have not used it yet! Looks like Nash and his friends are going to have a super-duper summer!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Can Parker and I come to play at your house? lol!

Jan Steck Huffman said...

We are going to bring the Slide to our IDSF picnic this weekend! How fun will that be??

Anonymous said...

What is the name of the slide? I want to get one for Petey :).

Jan Steck Huffman said...

Its a "4 in 1 Wave Ripper Water Slide" and we got it at Costco but I see online it is no longer available....its a blast! (but cold!!)

Laura said...

That is way too cool. We might have to come back to Indiana just to play on that!

The Mom said...

Ohhh - looks sooo fun!!! I hope Nash and the neighborhood kids have a BLAST!!!