Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Miss you Dad.....

Today is the 5th year anniversary of my dad's death. I had a very vivid dream about him last night, and it was wonderful to see him again.

I remember 5 years ago, Dad hanging on to celebrate Nash's first birthday. We had cake in the hospital. Then he went downhill, passing away of congestive heart failure.

I always think of him, daily. He would be so proud of Nash.

Miss you Dad.

5 comments:

Betsy said...

You're right - your dad would be very proud of your family and of beautiful Nash. My dad died the day before Paige's first birthday, and I think their spirits are attached in a very special way.

I dream vividly of my dad too - every dream of him I have, he is in the room with me and my family, or friends, only I'm the only one that can see him, and him and I carry on conversations about what is happening in the room as if we were really talking to one another.

One of the best gifts any child could ever have is a great Dad -- be proud that you are giving your son the gift your dad gave you.

(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

The dreams are really something sometimes, aren't they?

You are right, your dad would have been proud of Nash...IS proud of Nash.

See you this weekend...6:00 Sat, right?
Beth, Jude & family

Anonymous said...

So sorry you had to deal with this sad anniversary among the other things today. I'm glad you still see him in your dreams, and yes, he is so proud of Nash, and you for being the wonderful mommy that you are. Have a great time this weekend, wish we were going to be there.

Jan Steck Huffman said...

thank you all. hugs

Unknown said...

I can't believe it has been five years......and YES, he would be extremely proud of Nash [as we all are]

I found an amazing blog last week [of coarse I didn't book mark it] through Mamasaysom.....and the topic was Letter.

In the post, this woman shared a letter her own mother wrote in the 40's....and then spoke of their life and ultimately her death. The last lines of her post went like this [and I thought immediately of you when I read about your Dads anniversary]

"It has been five years she you left me.....I thought time would make my heart heal. But I still think of you every moment, of everyday!"

All of my love to you Jan.....and thinking of your Dad. I'm so glad you had that dream, they are special gifts to us I beleive....a way to communicate on another level.

Peace and love, TM