Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Things go Bump in the Night

Its 4am, do you know if your child is in bed? Mine wasn't.

I heard a loud BAM and went into his room; there he was, sitting on the floor with a bewildered look on his face. Poor baby had fallen out of bed. The bed rail had broken a few months ago and since Nash really doesn't need it anymore (I thought) I didn't replace it. One end still fits under the mattress, but the other just hangs there. He must have rolled off at the end by his pillow.

He fell back to sleep, but momma didn't. I wanted to be his bedrail.....

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe....poor guy. I remember falling out of be when I was about five also,,,,and I was so bewildered at what had happened. Give Nash a big hug and kiss from his Jersey Girlfriend....and I can't wait to see that great picture as the cover of the magaizne....how cool is this [our famous babies!!!]