Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

I had a wonderful wake up to a bouncing, singing boy coming into our room, and he gave me big Mother's Day hugs and kisses. While Daddy was cooking up a Mother's Day breakfast fit for a queen (a big ol' fat queen at that!) Nash looked at me and said, "oh, oh, a booboo, I fix it". Be right Back. Bandaid." So he left (I was still lounging in bed, and came back with a bandaid. I asked why I needed a bandaid, and as he stuck it on my face, I realized I had the world biggest zit next to my nose. Happy Mother's Day to me. But gotta love the love I get!

Here are some pictures of my wonderful gifts and card. The best? Well aside from the bandaid, was the hand print plate! And the flowers, and my gifts of a beautiful, smart little boy, and a wonderful husband and dad to my son!





4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Mothers Day......to an amazing Mother and friend.

Nash, you made Mommy some wonderful gifts...and I love the picture of you and your Mommy together. :0)

Miss Magic said...

Now that sounds like a wonderful wonderful mother's day to me! Nash is just one smart cookie, and Jeff clearly gets the point of Mother's Day. Happy Belated Mother's Day!!!! I'm so glad our beautiful children brought us together!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful day you had! isn't it great being a Mom?? With love,
Annette

Dani said...

I've loved reading your blog...Nash is absolutely adorable! Take care. Dani