Contributing author to Gifts : Chapter 8


GIFTS - how to order
gifts

Gifts : Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives

The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.

2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA): Gold Award

2008 Mom's Choice Awards: Silver Recipient, Special & Exceptional Needs































FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

In Loving Memory of Anne

In her memory, we light a candle.

Anne Marie Serra Ross, mom to beautiful daughters, Adrianna, and her darling Sophia, wife to Scott, passed away Sunday evening February 26th. We "met" online, and many of us carried and supported her through her pregnancy with Sophia who was prenatally diagnosed with trisomy 21. Anne was a loving mom and wife, who was battling a recent diagnosis of leukemia when she had a stroke during treatment.

She and I emailed a bit; mostly about her fears of the "unknown" having Sophia. She and I had shared infertility issues, and our feelings. One time she wrote "I have to tell you this, and I truly swear to you that this is the truth, that seeing Nash in that picture in the front of the golf cart is what helps me not feel fearful. Everytime I see that Picture I say to myself, "What a beautiful boy"! I am fearful of the unknown and do not know if it is better having found out before delivery.........thank you for reaching out to me"

You know what? After her beautiful baby was born, she was no longer fearful. That is the truth about having a baby with down syndrome.

Those of us on the trisomy21online.com website are sending one tulip each to her funeral. If you would like to join us, please do.

To contribute to the childrens' Education Fund send donations here.

ATTN: Scott Ross
In Memory of Anne Ross
Education Fund for Adrianna and Sophia Ross
9069 Ridgefield Drive
Brighton, Michigan 48114

She will be so missed..........cherish life.

3/7/06 Update....a picture of her tulips from her best friend Michele. Thank you Michele, and our condolences on the loss of your lifepal.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful tribute......Anne was an amazing soul and I too am so thankful we got to 'meet'......Life is so very precious.

Anonymous said...

Yet another beautiful tribute to Anne. While I did not know her, I had read about her on two boards I am a member of.

Thank you for sharing this moment.